New Student Seminar
Discipline of ME
1. Students will be familiar with the discipline of mechanical engineering, including several sub-disciplines.
2. Students will be familiar with the mechanical engineering program at BYU, including outcomes, advising opportunities, facilities and application process.
3. Students will understand types of career opportunities in mechanical engineering and procedures for securing an internship.
4. Students will be introduced to the design process, including meeting customer needs from within the context of function, safety, aesthetics, manufacturability, etc.
5. Students will appreciate the value of being independent learners, taking responsibility for their education, and exemplifying the aims of a BYU education.
6. Students will be able to use the acronym IMRaD to describe the elements of technical writing.