Impact on Society
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of manufacturing capability on society.
2. Recognize and develop a familiarity with a variety of manufacturing processes and how they are classified. Demonstrate understanding of the physical phenomena involved in how various families of manufacturing processes work.
Selection of Manufacturing Processes
3. Identify characteristics and capabilities of various manufacturing processes so that recommendations for process selection plans can be made. Recommend process parameters for various manufacturing processes. Identify materials and/or their properties that would be appropriate for successful use with various manufacturing processes.
Cause and Effect Relationships
4. Identify cause and effect relationships for various manufacturing process parameters so that inferences from process data can be made to obtain desired process results.
5. Make practical design recommendations to improve the manufacturability of component parts based on manufacturing process knowledge.
Capability and Development of Processes
6. Perform various manufacturing processes with real process equipment in order to begin to develop good engineering, judgment about the capability of various processes, and the development of process plans.
7. Work successfully in teams to modify the design, build, and test a practical product designed in Me En 272.
Writing & Presentation of Engineering Reports
8. Write a professional quality methods/procedures section of a report related to manufacturing processes.