Integrated Product and Process Design 2
|Hours||3.0 Credit, 2.0 Lecture, 3.0 Lab|
|Prerequisites||ME EN 475; For mechanical engineering students: Me En 312 and Me En 393; Me En 340 or concurrent enrollment. Senior standing (fewer than 30 hours remaining in the program) in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering technology, industrial design, or related disciplines with instructor's consent.|
|Note||MeEn 475 and 476 must be taken in consecutive fall and winter semesters.|
|Programs||Containing ME EN 476|
Skills in Product Development Economics and Drawing Review
1. Develop skills in product development economics and engineering drawing review and checking.
Crucial Design Skills
2. Develop and demonstrate a deep understanding in at least three of the followings crucial design skill areas: Discovering, Creating, Representing, Modeling, Prototyping, Experimenting, Evaluating, Deciding, Conveying.
3. Demonstrate the ability to use effective team processes, communication, and conflict resolution skills to enhance synergy on a project team.
Analysis and Communication
4. As a part of a team, use the ME Real-world Problem Solving process to develop, solve, and explore appropriate engineering models for your project, and effectively communicate the results of this analysis.
5. Apply the understanding and skills from ME EN 475 and the other outcomes from ME EN 476 while working with a project sponsor in a team setting to produce desirable and transferable designs.