Teaching Reading/Language Arts to Students with Disabilities
1. Write IEP present levels of educational performance and, measurable annual goals for reading.
Core curriculum for reading and language arts
2. Demonstrate knowledge of core curriculum for reading and language arts
Analyze learning objectives
3. Task analyze learning objectives for reading and language arts
Daily lesson plans
4. Plan daily lessons for reading and language arts.
5. Use Dynamic Indicators of Basic Early Literacy Skills (DIBELS) to benchmark and monitor reading progress of one early elementary student.
Matching student instructional reading levels
6. Choose reading materials to match student instructional reading levels.
Teaching of the 5 areas of the national reading panel
7. Demonstrate the teaching of the 5 areas of the national reading panel
8. Demonstrate the teaching of writing.
Progress monitoring data
9. Demonstrate the use of progress monitoring data to make instructional decisions.